News

Indian restaurant affected by fire

Thursday, 26 April 2018

Indian restaurant affected by fire thumbnailAarong Indian Restaurant and Takeaway located on Catherine Street, Limavady. 13390KDR

AN Indian restaurant and a flat located in Limavady have been damaged after a fire broke out in the early hours of Saturday morning (April 21).
Aarong Restaurant, located on Catherine Street fell victim to the fire which is believed to have been started deliberately.
The fire started in a boiler room close the back of the Danske Bank and spread to an adjacent flat behind the popular Indian restaurant.
Some minor damage was done to the restaurant's windows due to the heat from the fire.
The Northern Ireland Fire Service has confirmed that the fire may have been started deliberately when rubbish was set alight.
Fire crews from Coleraine, Dungiven and Limavady along with three appliances tended to the blaze until it was under control.
The police said that they are currently investigating the incident.
They added: "We are investigating a fire on Catherine Street in Limavady at the weekend.
“The blaze, which caused damage to the rear of a local restaurant/ takeaway, was reported at around 2.00am on Saturday morning,  April 21.
“The NIFRS say the fire may have been started deliberately.
“Anyone with information is asked to contact the police by calling
101, quoting reference number 143 21/04/18."

Share

Subscribe to read full newspaper »

Send to a friend

Please complete the following form to inform a friend about this page.

In order to process your information we must ask you to enter the letters in the image into the box:

CAPTCHA Image play audio version Reload Image

* Mandatory field - please complete